With interest in CBD oil at an all-time high, more and more people are interested in trying it for lots of different purposes – from seizures to anxiety.
But along with the hype comes demand, and we all know the Economics 101 adage – when demand outweighs supply, prices tend to go up.
What that means for consumers is that there are a lot of options out there, and some of them are quite pricey – so anybody taking CBD regularly needs to get their money’s worth.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide to getting the most from your CBD oil – how to use it effectively, and how to get the best value.
What are the benefits of CBD oil?
So, first things first – what are the benefits of CBD oil? i.e., why would you want to take it in the first place, and how can you maximize those benefits?
Currently, the only FDA-approved medical use of CBD oil is to treat certain types of seizures, namely those caused by Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastault syndrome.
We’re still waiting on more research to be published with regards to these other benefits, but if you ask around, you’ll find lots of folks reporting great results from CBD oil.
How do I find the best value on CBD oil?
To get the best CBD for the best price, you need to find a reliable, honest retailer – one who’s done their research on both products and pricing and has found the right balance between premium products and accessible pricing. After all, cheap prices don’t mean anything if you’re not getting a quality product.
shopCBD is committed to both top-tier quality and competitive prices – we’re confident that you won’t find better CBD products at better prices than ours. And if, by chance, you do – hit us up and we’ll be more than happy to price match.
With that bit of self-promo out of the way, some good rules of thumb for getting the best value on CBD oil:
- Look for a retailer that offers easy price comparisons. You’ll see the mg of CBD per dollar on every product page on shopCBD.
- Shop around. Compare prices between retailers and see if you can find the same product for less. With shopCBD‘s price-match guarantee, you’re guaranteed to get the best price, every single time.
- Shipping costs. When you’re buying CBD online, the product needs to get mailed to you. This could add to the total cost of your CBD oil – unless, of course, you get free shipping from shopCBD.
Most effective way to use it
Basically, the way you consume your CBD oil dictates how much of the CBD actually gets absorbed by your body.
To break it down real quick:
- Oral consumption, like eating or drinking: 6-15% absorption
- Sublingual: 15-30% absorption
- Transdermal (i.e. on your skin): up to 45% absorption
So if you want to take CBD oil au-natural, straight from the bottle, your best bet is sublingual absorption.
But that’s not the only way – there are lots of ways to use CBD oil:
Beyond just taking a dropper under your tongue, some other creative uses for your favorite CBD oil include:
- Add it to your food or drinks. While the absorption rate will be a bit lower, it’s a fun and tasty way to get your daily CBD. Whether you prefer sweet, savory, or a quick snack, we’ve got you covered for CBD recipes.
- Use it on your skin. By adding CBD oil to lotion, you can create your own topicals. Just make sure there are no extra ingredients that might cause irritation, like essential oils.
- Your pet can have a little CBD oil. Most CBD oils we carry are completely safe for pets as well as humans – just make sure to read the ingredients.
Bang for your buck
All things considered, there’s a few things you need to look for when it comes to getting good use out of your CBD oil:
- Find the best value
- Use it efficiently
- Try different methods to see what works for you
And as always, if you have more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.